Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Mission Statement

My mission, should I chose to accept it, (very Bond-esque, don't you think?) is to accomplish all of Martha Stewart's recipes from her cookie book within 2 years. Is this a shameless rip-off of Julie and Julia? Quite possibly. But I was so inspired by her journey of self-discoverment, that I had to start my own. I daresay that I won't ever get to meet her, be on her show, talk to her, or have my own book or movie. But I am in a point in my life where I have had a nervous breakdown, diagnosed as bein bipolar, and I am waiting for my disability to kick in. Needless to say, I have a lot of down time. My hubby and I have been married for 6 yrs this May 2. I have a teensy tiny home, and I can only do so much house chores. My housekeeping leaves something to be desired anyway. But anyhoo, if there is 1 thing that I know that I can do, it is bake. I am starting with her sugar cookies. I have decided to make heart-shaped sugar cookies for all of my friends' anniversaries in cute tins, as I can't afford anything else. So today is a beautiful, clear spring day in Western Colorado, and I wake up with a cold! Aargh! Is the universe conspiring against me?! I had big plans to make a daffodil bed, clean out my other bulb bed, and go on poopie patrol. I guess that they will never bloom. I have 2 mini-schnauzers named Milo and Sophie. We are physically incapable of having kids, so they are my life. Well, that is all the needless info you need about me for now. Please feel free to post any observations or questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment